Friday, December 29, 2006Edit
Effective January 1st, the toll on the seven state-owned bridges in the Bay Area which are:
- the Antioch Bridge,
- Benicia-Martinez Bridge,
- Carquinez Bridge,
- Dumbarton Bridge,
- Richmond-San Rafael Bridge,
- San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge,
- and the San Mateo-Hayward Bridge
The new toll will be $4. Fasttrak users will get a $1 discount during the month of January.
July 29, 2006Edit
- Some things you just don't want to hear about. Nonetheless it seems they just did a survey on just who the ten most dangerous cities in the United States are. Not in terms of crime, but in terms of vulnerability from natural disaster. Three of those potentially disaster prone cities are located in the San Francisco Bay Area. They are in order of vulnerability:
4. San Francisco
6. San Jose
For more information, check out Top 10 Cities With Highest Disaster Risks
May 25, 2006Edit
April 17, 2006Edit
- Earthquake Centennial
One hundred years ago, in 1906, San Francisco and nearby areas were rocked by a major earthquake. In the fire that followed much of San Francisco was burned down. This year, much of the San Francisco Bay Area is participating in a commemoration of that event with a variety of activities through the nine counties. For more information, check out 1906centennial.org
March 29, 2006 Edit
- Golden Gate Transit raising fares 5% effective July.
March 23, 2006Edit
March 12, 2006Edit
- AC Transit Making Service Changes
Changes to take effect Sunday, March 19. Schedule of changes can be found at www.actransit.org
- Gayle McLaughlin declares candidacy for Mayor of Richmond.
February 17, 2006 Edit
The Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors has unanimously voted to study a proposal to restrict the number of Fast Food operations within the county. At the same time, the study would also examine availability of food choices among other things.
The Bay Area Council announced Thursday that it has formed a task force to provide information to Sen. Perata regarding infrastructural requirements for setting up a regional ferry network throughout the bay.
February 16, 2006 Edit
- Tom Bates announces bid to run for re-election as Mayor of Berkeley.
February 15, 2006 Edit
- Looking for a Bay Area School to attend? Check the list at schools.